Sunday, February 19, 2006

Alternative holiday greetings


Saint V
Originally uploaded by thechickenpirate.

I grow weary of the watered down emotional drivel that passes for sentiment in the card industry. To this effect I will make my own cards from time to time. This Valentine's Day I was industrious and I came out with a Saint Valentine's Day Massacre card.
I had been joking with my wife that the it was the best holiday based on a mafia hit. She reminded me that the holiday had been in existence long before the infamous Saint Valentine's Day Massacre. Oh well.
I gave her the card, she liked it, and she took it to work, but then the realization hit her that the card would take a lot of explaining if she just had it pinned up in her office. It is chilling at our house. We both like it.

No comments: