Sunday, February 19, 2006

AHHHHH, Dinosaurs!


Dinosaurs
Originally uploaded by thechickenpirate.

These are terrible beasts that ruled the earth once upon a time, or so we are told by the Discovery Chanel. I was enthralled by them when I was a wee lad. So when I was asked by my sister to draw her some dinosaur pictures. I sat down and these are the preliminary sketches that I came up with.
What struck me once I was done was that these dinosaurs that I drew were the 'popular' dinosaurs. You know there are only certain dinosaurs that we know and love because they capture our imagination. T-Rex is the king of dinosaurs. Raptors were popularized by Jurassic Park. Brontosaurus are the gentle dinosaurs. Then there is ever present 'Mr. Death From the Sky Himself' Pterodactyl. Once I thought of that I added the one in the bottom left corner. If you can't read the caption it reads, "No one remembers Chickenasaurs." That is a true statement if there ever was one.

1 comment:

Mr. H. said...

Welcome back!!!!!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dynomite!